I must apologize for neglecting this blog as I have done over the past month. Deadlines of many sorts are upon me and I've had to let a few things slide. It will be a few weeks until things get any better.
That said, there is some news that bears mentioning...
Steven Point -- one of only a handful of Indigenous judges in Canada, is the Chief Commissioner of the B.C. Treaty Commission, and is an elected chief of the Skowkale First Nation -- has just been named Canada's first Indigenous Lieutenant Governor. Check out Shelagh Roger's interview with the Honourable Steven Point here.
Imagine that! Someone from a First Nations' community representing the Queen. There's a certain irony in that, don't you think?
Also, Shelagh will be focusing on the lives of Native individuals in a segment called Our Home and Native Land. Here's a link to info from the first show last week on Dan Christmas, Calvin Helin and Ellen Gabriel. Sadly, the links aren't the most informative, but lead to links where you can find information related to these individuals or the work they do. However, I think the program is worth watching for. I believe it will be on weekly.
All the best,
Colleen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment